Message from County Council
Delaware County is proud to work with the Workforce Investment Board (WIB) as it is a valuable resource, one that will help us create partnerships that will foster greater economic growth for Delaware County.
Today, because of our partnership with the WIB, Delaware County has two state-of-the-art career centers and an online PA CareerLink® website where employers, job seekers, youth and other interested individuals can take advantage of the many bold and innovative programs established by the WIB and its partners.
The state-of-the-art PA CareerLink® centers are located at:
- 701 Crosby Street, Suite B, Chester, PA
- Delaware County Community College, 901 South Media Line Road, Media, PA
They are equipped to provide the most efficient and effective services available including social services, job training, transition services and community resources. For example,
- Job seekers can find employment opportunities at either of these centers, along with information on resume preparation, support services and training programs.
- Youth can also receive a variety of services at either of these centers, including work experience - paid or unpaid - tutoring, counseling, career assessment and exploration, GED preparation and job search assistance.
- The Delaware County Community College center is the main link for employers. This state-of-the-art technology center allows employers to enter and update job orders, search for qualified applicants and access economic development and labor market information.
Please drop in and see for yourself how valuable these resources are. If you can't get to one of these centers, you can access a unique, Internet-based, self-directed job search system at www.pacareerlink.state.pa.us.
Our goal is to make sure that we address the diverse needs of the Delaware County community. This web site is designed to help employers, job seekers, youth and other interested individuals find the information and resources they need. I look forward to hearing your comments about how we're doing in meeting that goal. Any comments or suggestions are also welcome.
Mario J. Civera, Jr.
Chairman, Delaware County Council